Head of Finance
The applicant will be a qualified accountant with experience in the not for profit sector.
They will be fully conversant with accounting for charities (including accrual accounting), partial exemption VAT for charities, experience of producing management and statutory accounts and managing a small team.
They will be a member of the senior management team at Transaid, however this role also requires a hands-on approach being part of a small, efficient team in our London HQ.
They will be highly organised and have excellent attention to detail. They must be a person of the highest integrity. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. They will demonstrate a positive attitude and will thrive on working in a small organisation which has significant influence in its field.
Key responsibility areas and associated tasks:
- Maintaining robust and fit for purpose financial controls
- Ensure the smooth running of all accounting, financial transactions and evidence record keeping.
- Working with budget holders to prepare annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts
- Preparing monthly management accounts for the Senior Management Team and quarterly reports for the Board, including cashflow forecasts
- Managing the audit process and producing annual statutory accounts
- Liaising with payroll provider and complying with pensions automatic enrolment requirements
- Preparing quarterly partial-exemption VAT returns
- Providing financial information for inclusion in reports to funders/donors
- Contributing to Transaid’s strategic development
- Managing a small team (one or two staff members)
- Ensuring the office is well-managed
Please send a letter of application (no longer than 2 sides of A4) along with your CV explaining relevant skills and what you can bring to this role.
Please email all applications to: email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Application for head of finance and administration – Transaid’
Closing date: Tuesday 13th August 2019
Interviews are likely to take place mid to late August 2019
Note – applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
No agencies please.