Our Funding and Spending
Transaid feels very fortunate to receive a wide range of funding and support from across the transport and logistics industry and international donor organisations. This support is vital in enabling us to transform lives through improving road safety and increasing access to healthcare. In the 2018/2019 financial year, our total income was £1,739,674.
Where our funding comes from
- Just over £1m came from grants made by donor organisations such as Comic Relief.
- Just over £600,000 came from industry support. This includes funds raised from corporate membership, at awards evenings and industry events, and from cycle challenges.
- One-off donations made up just under £110,000.
How we spend our funding
- Over £1.2m of our income went on our life-changing transport programmes in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Much of the money raised from the transport industry goes towards pilot projects in areas we feel urgently require attention, and where we can really make a difference. When these projects are successful, they can be scaled up with major funding from international donor organisations.
- The majority of the rest of our income, just over £400,000, was put towards raising even more funds.
- About £73,000 was invested into reserves.
Download our annual reports to read about our finances in more detail here.
Hover over the interactive charts below to see how we generated our income, and how we spent it in the 2016/2017 financial year.