|Job Title||Events Officer|
|Date Reviewed||November 2019|
|Purpose||To manage and develop Transaid’s events income streams|
|Responsible to||Head of Fundraising|
|Location||London Office, Euston|
Transaid’s Fundraising team:
Transaid’s Fundraising team consists of the Head of Fundraising, the Corporate Partnerships Officer, the Events Officer and the Fundraising Assistant. The Events Officer position is a challenging but rewarding role, and presents an exciting opportunity to launch and recruit for new challenge events, manage and grow a portfolio of industry events and launch a new set of individual challenges.
- To oversee the stewarding, development, implementation and evaluation of Transaid’s biennial African Cycle Challenge. Responsibilities include fundraising and logistics support.
- To oversee the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Transaid’s annual European Cycle Challenge. Responsibilities include participant recruitment, fundraising support and logistics support.
- Manage Transaid’s Third Party Event Portfolio
- Lead on Transaid’s prize appeal, securing a range of raffle and money can’t buy auction prizes
- Represent Transaid at networking and industry events. Some work during evenings and weekends will occasionally be required for which reasonable time off in lieu will be given.
- Contribute to the research and development of new Transaid events and fundraising opportunities.
- Work with the Fundraising Assistant to develop Transaid’s individual challenge event portfolio
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to develop future cycle challenges and other potential new events
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to market all event activities
- Lead on securing event sponsors for all challenge events
- Monitor and track finances against targets
General admin/Internal comms
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and other activities as required
- Any other tasks related to the role as and when needed
- Educated to degree level
- Events fundraising experience
- Project management experience
- Experience of working as part of a team with a varied workload
- Experience of motivating and communicating with fundraisers
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building relationships
- Confident in speaking on the phone
- Experience of organising large scale and/or complex events.
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- Experience of managing challenge events
- Experience of marketing events and growing event attendance
- Experience of securing in-kind sponsorship.
- Experience of generating income to agreed targets.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- A strong organiser with the ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and creativity
- The ability to use your own initiative and work within specified guidelines
- Experience of managing overseas challenges in-country
- Interest in international development, particularly Africa
- Knowledge of the UK transport and logistics industry
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days leave per annum and a generous pension scheme.
Closing date for applications
Please send your CV and a cover letter (maximum two pages) to email@example.com by Sunday 15th December 2019
No agencies please.