Corporate Fundraising Intern
|Job title||Corporate Fundraising Intern|
|Date reviewed||November 2019|
|Purpose||To support growth of corporate fundraising initiatives|
|Responsible to||Corporate Partnerships Officer|
|Responsible for||Supporting the management of existing relationships and developing new partnerships|
|Post||Part time (2-3 days a week)|
|Period||Temporary (initial 3 month contract, with the possibility of further extension)|
|Salary||London Living Wage|
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic self-starter looking to enter the international development sector, with the chance to develop your corporate fundraising skills, including relationship building, account management, and prospect research.
The Corporate Partnerships Intern will be a vital member of the fundraising team, playing an important role in helping retain and grow Transaid’s income.
You will work closely with the Corporate Partnerships Officer to assist with the account management of a number of successful partnerships from the UK transport and logistics industry, as well as helping to research and secure new income and in-kind support.
- Support with the account management of a number of corporate relationships, helping to maximise income and in-kind support
- Work closely with colleagues to collate information, and produce engagement materials and reports for corporate partners
- Help to develop new and imaginative fundraising and employee engagement activities
- Contribute to Transaid’s digital marketing activities, including writing and supplying content for social media, website and e-newsletter, to engage new and existing supporters
- Provide ongoing day-to-day support to the Corporate Partnerships Officer and Fundraising Team, in order to support the deliverance of the Fundraising, Communication and Organisational Strategies
- Update tracking documents and databases, maintaining accurate records
- Undertake sector and company research in order to identify potential new prospects, and to inform the development of compelling proposals and pitches
- Keep up to date with fundraising and industry information, as well as developments in Transaid’s overseas programmes
- Represent Transaid at industry and sector events
- Other duties as agreed with the Corporate Partnerships Officer and Head of Fundraising
- Ensure that all work conforms to Transaid’s policies and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the energy and passion to engage people and excite them about Transaid
- Previous experience or good knowledge of fundraising
- Confident networker able to represent Transaid at industry events and to liaise with people at all levels, on the telephone, face to face and in writing
- Demonstrable research skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills, with close attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative
- Competence in IT systems including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and email platforms, such as Outlook
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Hard working, professional, team-player, with a can do approach
- Enthusiasm, creativity and commitment to the work of Transaid
- Understanding of and interest in international development
- Knowledge of the UK transport & logistics industry
- Experience of developing and maintaining long term relationships with supporters
- Experience or understanding of corporate fundraising and corporate social responsibility, and how this fits into a charity’s fundraising model
- Experience of prospect research
- Experience of managing information on fundraising databases or similar
In order to be eligible for this role, you must have permission to work in the UK.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to our Corporate Partnerships Officer, Jade Ashby-Rozier, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd December 2019
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 6th January 2020
No agencies please.